European Wine Bloggers Conference Winners Announced!

Ξ August 21st, 2009 | → 6 Comments | ∇ A Day at a Time, International Terroirs, Wine News |

Stunning news came my way early this morning. I learned that the European Wine Bloggers Conference winners had been chosen. It is with great humility that I announce a writer for this modest wine industry blog (Ken Payton is his/my name), has been chosen to attend the European Wine Bloggers Conference this Fall, from October 30th to November 1st, to be held in Lisbon, Portugal. Needless to say this extraordinary honor will be put to good use! Already in love with the Iberian Peninsula, having wandered the Spanish countryside and gotten lost along Barcelona’s narrow streets on multiple visits over the years, I would often look west to Portugal, obsessively collecting maps and reading train schedules, imagining one day, one day…. No more! That day has arrived!

And this thrilling opportunity began with this post: ViniPortugal @ Wine Bloggers Conference.

I would like to especially thank ViniPortugal and Ryan and Gabriella Opaz of Catavino.

My mind is bursting with ideas, a thousand and one research lines to follow. Much preparation is required to fully realize this honor. Time to get to work!

Admin

6 Responses to ' European Wine Bloggers Conference Winners Announced! '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' European Wine Bloggers Conference Winners Announced! '.

1. Greybeard said,

on August 21st, 2009 at 10:42 am

Excellent news Ken, congratulations! I’m sure you’ll do us proud with your contributions to & reports from the EWBC.

2. Pea Noir said,

on August 21st, 2009 at 10:47 am

Congratulations Ken! Your consistent well-documented features of your burgeoning wine curiosity serves the industry very well.
    I just read “Everything But The Squeal-Eating the Whole Hog in Northern Span” by John Barlow…and am having a serious fantasy about moving to Galicia. Have Fun!

3. Administrator said,

on August 21st, 2009 at 11:03 am

Thank you, Pea Noir. The work begins!

4. Administrator said,

on August 21st, 2009 at 11:11 am

Thanks, Greybeard! Any chance you might be attend the Conference?

5. on August 23rd, 2009 at 1:01 am

Parabens Ken! It was certainly not an easy decision with such a lot of good posts! We look forward to seeing you at Cortes de Cima in October, when our harvest, which began early, should be over but there will be a lot of ferments bubbling away in the winery, and lots of great wines to taste! Glad you can come on the 29th for our #EWBC09 pre-conference winery tour, tasting and lunch!

6. Amejorado said,

on September 17th, 2009 at 4:21 am

I must read "Everything But The Squeal-Eating the Whole Hog in Northern Span" by John Barlow…and am having a serious fantasy about moving to Galicia. Have Fun!;